As promised in 2013, I will share to you my personal mentors whom I trust when it comes to making a decision for my career path.
I have a handful of mentors and all are exemplary to their chosen field and how they handle their personal lives. All deserves a single entry and I will start from the one who made a huge difference in my life!
My mentor (Jojo Terencio)and I during PMFTC Inc. social event in year 2010
It was late evening of year 2007-ish when most of my time were spent to blogosphere and making multiple entries in a defunct blog site: Multiply. I am addicted to writing my thoughts as I grew up with a diary. Part of my routine is doing blog hopping, until I cameacross in Jojo Terencio’s site.
I was deeply moved by his entries and find it inspiring for a newly graduate like me. During that time I haven’t decided on where to start as Communication Arts graduate. I have my own preference and wanted to really pursue practicing my degree, and that is what I saw in his entries… He continues to do the things he love and doing it well with passion. I have no idea before on what he do or where he works since it is not mention in his blog. I don’t have any idea that he is even associated with the government as an employee… All I know aside from his incredible blog entries is that he has a sexy arms!
I started to make a move to be friends with him and told him that he has a sexy arms! he started his reply with “Sis…” at least the tension is no longer there as I developed a little crush on him haha! I prayed to God to blessed me with his friendship and it was granted. He is like my fairy god mother, an answered prayer indeed for my direction in career.
I admire about Jojo
- He is compassionate
- He is sincere and value relationship
- He is someone you love to be with (His aura is something magnetic!)
That I know it is very him
- Family oriented- I truly adore how he values his family. He really take good care of his family before him… The word “madamot” doesn’t apply any inch of this gentlemen
with his mom in Hong Kong
- Dedicated- His love in is craft is something I also admire and wanted to adopt but God said to me “It is only for Jojo” haha so I have to find me own niche but still wanted a little bit of his shadow. His leadership skills is unquestionable. He teach, guide, inspire and delegate. Jojo is the version of Harvey Specter of SUITS which is my favorite American series and I am either his Donna or Mike! I’ll just take the place of Harvey in the future or I don’t know
Jojo with one of his idol: Ms. Lea Salonga
I swear, if only I can document all the photos around the world of him with Ms. Lea Salonga, I would l love to. He literally watches almost all Lea Salonga’s live performances and I’ve been checking his latest adventures for his love in theater. He is very passionate about it and really support the theater industry both local and international!
Wicked in Manila 2014
Jojo sporting his latest purchase from a famous theater play “Wicked” in Manila
Mind you, he had witnessed countless theater plays and that is only one of the interesting things I know about him. He is also supporting locally produced films and if I am not mistaken, a dedicated fan too of Ate V! If my recall serves me right, he told me once that he really wanted to be a showbiz writer but then again he is destined to much heavier assignment which is a close-in writer not only for one President of the Philippines but more! How can’t you not love him? He is so intelligent, witty and have a sexy arms!!!
Reminds me of him
- His love and long time membership in Fitness First- he is my inspiration to be a member of FF but I can’t sustain it, too expensive haha! I opted to be a gold’s gym member… at least I am still in fitness lifestyle that he has. (See… idol ko talaga siya at ginagawa ko siya! hehe)
- His a wide reader and loves to travel- I try to read more often and purchase what he had bought, in fact in year 2010 I searched for the book secret and he gave me one to my surprise! with dedication ha…
He has a good handwriting noh? because I don’t have haha This book is already engraved in my heart not only because it has substantial content but also because it was gifted for me from my mentor and I believed that this book is really for him. Again an answered prayer to my dilemma in year 2011.
In terms of travel, I like the fact that he enjoys and take snaps of his adventure which I feel sometimes that I am also with him. I am not much a traveler but the places he visited inspires me to experience it first hand and I am glad he is sharing it to his facebook! Gosh, his fb posts are my daily dose to keep me sane too.
look at those yummeh arms!
- He is like an ATM machine to those people who are in need of cash- Wait, before you think you can just go to him and ask for a credit… here’s the catch, he might be giving but I also feel sorry because some people take advantage of him! parang may patago and hindi na nagbabayad. My gosh, my dear friend Jojo works hard for what he have kaya naiinis ako sa mga nangungutang sa kanya ng walang balikan. Affected ako haha!
He also have impeccable taste in fashion but still grounded. Some tend to lose their attitude along the way surrounded by their flashy things but Jojo, even with his Salvatore shoes to name a few… you will never feel that he belongs to elite class. He is also the reason why I become a fan of Wonder Woman! pero wala parin tatalo sa collection niya and his knowledge about Linda Carter for Wonder Woman!
Because of him, I know what I wanted to be… An established PR in the future! I want to be successful like him or event just meet 50% of his swagger achievement. If I didn’t met him or came across his blog site, I am pretty sure I am not in the field of PR. I was terrible lost when I graduated and I don’t know what will I do to my degree! he encouraged and direct me for the things that I should do.
He introduced me to his friends named Ulla Tioseco, Peachy Urquiola (Who became my Ninang in my wedding, oh Jojo is also my Ninong too in year 2010) Roy Mabasa and Ruby Clemons. All of them guided me from where I started up to present, all are my guardians and confidant.
I am just thankful because first of all Jojo and I are not blood related yet he put his faith and trust in me. He is certain that I can do things that he know in his heart I am capable of.
Although I am not a perfect apprentice to him, I still do my best to show him that I deserving of his guidance and until now I am preparing my self to meet him once again and finally hug him to say thank you all over and over again.
What he makes me feel
- Pure happiness
- Secure & Protected
Jojo is a witness to every decision I make in my career. I never do things without him knowing, it is not because I don’t know my self that well but because I believe that having a mentor is important to stay in track plus I really get my confidence from this man. If he say I can do it, I push my self further! I don’t know but there is something in him that I feel he is really my fairy god mother! Until now, I am still in awe for this man. I am his forever fan! words are not enough to describe how Jojo helped me to become who I am today aside from guiding me in my career path.
What he taught me
- Rise when you fall- Fighter
He is someone who is incredibly magical and he is my friend and mentor for life
Customized Art Work by Jomar Papica